How to correct Form W-2 with incorrect Employer’s EIN and Incorrect Tax Year?
822 views | Last modified 3/9/2021 12:11:13 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

If you have filed the original W-2s with TaxBandits, you must file two Form W-2cs. The first one will void the originally filed W-2. Once it is accepted by the SSA, you must file a second W2 Correction to correct the values.

To Void the original W-2, 

  • Click Start New Form >> Form W-2c (Choose the tax year).
  • Choose I filed with TaxBandits.

Proceed to nullify the originally filed W-2. Once the W-2c is accepted by the SSA, file a second correction form W-2c with the correct values. 

Note: If the original W-2s were filed with other service providers, please contact SSA to correct the employer details.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751