The address listed on my W-2 is incorrect. What do I do?
8.4k views | Last modified 5/18/2023 3:40:02 AM EST | Added by TaxBandits Team

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

The incorrect mailing address in your Form W2 will not affect your taxes, and you can use the same W-2 form while filing your income tax return. You are not required to file a W-2 Correction.

However, TaxBandits recommends you contact the employer and give them your updated mailing address. So you can receive paper copies of your form at the correct mailing address in the future.

If W-2 has any other incorrect information, including your name, Social Security number, or any amounts, contact your employer for Form W-2c.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751