How do I correct the employees’ Name and/or SSN in W2s?
4.9k views | Last modified 7/4/2023 9:16:42 AM EST | Added by TaxBandits Team

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

If you have already filed Form W2 with TaxBandits, then you can correct the employee’s Name and SSN for the W-2 form. To correct specific information in the W-2 form, then you need to file the W-2c form.

Please note that you should only file a W-2 correction AFTER the SSA has accepted the original form. Since the original W-2 was filed through TaxBandits, all the original information is available, but you will need to provide the updated information. 

Follow the below steps to file W-2c:

  • Sign in to your TaxBandits account.
  • In the Dashboard, Click Start New >> Form >> Form W-2c.
  • Select the required tax year to correct the W-2 form. 
  • Click Continue under Correct W-2 Employee Details.

  • Select the tax year and Business, then find the employees in the list. Click the Make Correction button to the right of the recipient.

  • Select the checkboxes based on what you would like to correct and enter the correct details.

You can also correct federal and state amounts detail in the following steps. Continue with the flow to review and transmit the form.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751