How do I correct 1099s filed with TaxBandits?
3.6k views | Last modified 1/20/2023 8:20:00 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

TaxBandits allows you to correct the recipient Name and/or TIN, any federal and state amount reported earlier, or void the 1099 if it should not have been filed. Since you have filed the original 1099s through us, we will easily pull up the information that you reported earlier. You only need to enter the correct values.


Correct Recipient Name and/or TIN

For instructions on how to correct the recipient name and/or TIN reported earlier, click here.


Correct Amounts

For instructions on how to correct the federal and state amounts reported earlier, click here.


Void the Return

To void 1099 that should not have been filed, you file a correction to zero-out all the amount fields. For instructions on how to void a 1099 return, click here.


Payer details

For corrections to the payer name and/or TIN, you should write a letter to the IRS mentioning the incorrect payer name and/or TIN that was reported earlier, along with the correct information. You will be able to generate this letter in TaxBandits. You only need to send it to the IRS.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751