How do I correct the recipient name and/or TIN in 1099s?
1.1k views | Last modified 11/8/2023 1:50:17 AM EST | Added by TaxBandits Team

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

TaxBandits provides a feature to correct the 1099 form-related information filed with TaxBandits. You only need to have the correct recipient name and/or TIN to file a correction form to 1099.

It is important to note that you can only file a 1099 correction AFTER the IRS has accepted the original form. Since the original form was filed through TaxBandits, we simplify the process by pulling the original information so you can add the updated recipient name and/or TIN as needed.

Here's how you correct Recipient Name and/or TIN:

  • Sign in to TaxBandits, click Start New >> Form >> Form 1099/1098-Correction.
  • Select "File Form 1099/1098 Correction" for the required Tax year.
  • Click Continue under Correct 1099/1098 Recipient Details.

  • Select the business and Form type (1099 form type), the recipient details for the business will be displayed. Choose the recipient you want to file correction and click Make Correction.

  • Select the respective checkbox whether the Recipient Name is incorrect or TIN is incorrect or Address is incorrect. Provide the corrected information.

  • Continue with the flow to review and transmit your return.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751