How do I correct the federal or state amounts in 1099s?
2.9k views |
Last modified 3/24/2022 8:43:24 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
Whether you filed your original 1099s with the TaxBandits or other service providers, you can correct the federal and state amounts through TaxBandits easily.
Here's how you correct the amounts reported in 1099. The procedure is the same for 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC, 1099-DIV, and 1099-INT.
- Sign in to TaxBandits.
- Click on Start New >> Form >> 1099 Correction.
- Click Continue under Correct Recipient Details - Filed with TaxBandits.
- Select the payer. Choose the recipient for whom you want to file corrections and click Make Correction.
- Enter the correct federal and state amounts in the respective fields.
- If the original form has an account number, enter that Account Number.
- Continue with the flow to review and transmit the return.
Print 1099 Corrected Copies
Once your form is successfully transmitted, a copy of the 1099 correction can be accessed from the print center. For step-by-step instructions on how to download a copy of the correction form, click here.