How do I correct the Payer information on Form 1099?
616 views | Last modified 11/8/2023 2:33:11 AM EST | Added by TaxBandits Team

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

If you have reported incorrect payer information in the original Form 1099, which is already transmitted to the IRS, you can always file 1099 correction forms to correct them with TaxBandits. We support corrections only if you have filed the original 1099 returns with TaxBandits.

Note: You can correct your 1099 Form only AFTER the IRS accepts your return.

Follow the instructions to correct the Payer information in Form 1099. 

Step 1:  Sign in to TaxBandits, click Start New >> Form >> select “1099/1098-Corrections” under the “Form 1099 Series - Federal & State Filing” section.

Step 2:  Select "File Form 1099/1098 Correction” for the required Tax year.

Under the “W-2/1099/1098 Corrections”  section, you have three options 

Step 3: Choose “Correct 1099/5498/1098 Payer Details” and click “Continue”.


Step 4: Select the business to autofill the payer details from the address book or enter the payer details reported on the original form.


Step 5: Select the checkboxes based on what you would like to correct, enter the correct details, and click "Generate" to download a copy of the correction letter.


 Step 6: Print, sign, and mail the correction letter to the IRS at the below address:

Internal Revenue Service
Information Returns Branch
230 Murall Drive, Mail Stop 4360
Kearneysville, WV 25430

Once you transmit the forms to the IRS, a copy of the corrected 1099 will be available in the "Distribution Center" for download.



Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751