Can I correct the 1099 Forms already submitted to the IRS?
753 views | Last modified 4/20/2023 2:42:05 AM EST | Added by TaxBandits Team

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

Yes, TaxBandits supports 1099 corrections that are initially filed with us. You can correct the following errors by filing a 1099 correction:

  • Correcting a Recipient Name and/or TIN name.
  • Correcting any federal or state amount reported incorrectly.
  • Voiding a Form 1099 that did not need to be filed.

It is important to note that you can only file a 1099 correction only AFTER the IRS has accepted the original form. Since the original form was filed through TaxBandits, we simplify the process by pulling the original information so you can add the updated amounts as needed. 

Correct Recipient Name and/or TIN:

For instructions on how to correct the recipient name and/or TIN reported earlier, click here.

Correct the federal and state Amounts:

For instructions on how to correct the federal and state amounts reported earlier, click here.

Void the Form:

For instructions on how to void a Form 1099, click here.

Correct Payer details:

If you need to correct the payer’s name or TIN, the IRS requires you to write a letter to the IRS providing the incorrect payer name and/or TIN reported earlier, as well as the correct information. You can be able to generate this letter in TaxBandits and print and mail it to the IRS.

For instructions on how to correct Payer details for Form 1099, click here.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751