Who is required to file BOI with FinCEN?
68 views | Last modified 3/21/2024 3:37:27 AM EST | Added by TaxBandits Team

"Reporting companies" are businesses that must file BOI reports. FinCEN acknowledges two types of reporting companies:

  • Domestic reporting companies: Domestic reporting companies are any corporations, limited liability companies, or other legal entities established by filing the documents with the secretary of state or other similar office in the United States.
  • Foreign reporting companies: Foreign reporting companies are entities (including corporations and limited liability firms) founded under foreign law that have registered to do business in the United States by filing a document with a secretary of state or similar office.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751 support@taxbandits.com