I don’t have an EIN, how can I file Form 941?
273 views | Last modified 4/24/2023 2:13:03 AM EST | Added by TaxBandits Team

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

The IRS will not accept your Form 941 if the EIN is not entered. If you don’t have an EIN, you can apply for one and then e-file your tax return with TaxBandits.

You can obtain an EIN from the IRS either online or by completing Form SS-4.  The service is completely free. Provide the accurate name and Social Security Number (SSN) of the business owner or authorized representative when filing for an EIN. The IRS also requires that the applicant be a single person.

To learn more about applying for an EIN, click here.

Note: If you have applied for an EIN and haven’t received it before the Form 941 due date, you can paper file the return and write “Applied For” with the date you applied in the EIN entry space.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751 support@taxbandits.com