How do I file Form 5500 in TaxBandits?
845 views |
Last modified 5/25/2020 1:09:24 PM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
The employer maintaining the plan or the plan administrator of a Pension or Welfare benefit plan covered by ERISA and for every entity that files as a Direct Filing Entity (DFE) must generally file Form 5500.
Here’s how you file Form 5500.
- Sign in to TaxBandits.
- Go to the Home tab and choose Form 5500 under 5500 Series.
- Click START NEW FORM 5500.
Parts of Form 5500
- Enter the Annual Return/Report Identification Information under Part I.
- Enter the Basic Plan Information and choose the applicable schedules under Part II.
- Complete Part III, Form M-1 Compliance Information if all of your plans provide welfare benefits.
- Click Review & Proceed to pay and transmit the return.
After transmitting a return, you can then track the status of the return under Home >> Current Filings and 5500 >> Transmitted Forms. You’ll get an email notification once the IRS and DOL accept the return.