I filed my original W-2s with TaxBandits. Can I file W-2c with the state agency?
90 views | Last modified 5/3/2021 6:59:34 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

Yes, you can file W-2c with the state agency in a few simple steps. Please be informed that only the IRS approved and finalized returns can be corrected.  

Follow the instructions below:

  • Sign in to TaxBandits.
  • Click Start New Form >> Form W-2c.
  • Select the Tax Year.
  • Under I filed my W-2s using TaxBandits, click Continue.

Manual Upload

  • Choose Employer from dropdown.
  • Select the Employee and click Make Correction under the Action column.
  • Enter correct federal details if you’ve reported wrong information in the original W-2s.
  • Go to Form W-2c State Information page and enter correct state details. You can make corrections for up to two states.
  • Select employees and choose services for this order.
  • Pay and Transmit returns to the state agency.

After transmitting the return, you can check the status of your return from the Dashboard at any time.

Bulk Upload

  • Click Bulk Correction. Options to upload your Own Template and download TaxBandits Template are available. 

Own Template

  • Click Select the file upload and upload your own file.
  • Select Business from dropdown and click Upload File.

Note: The acceptable file formats are xls, xlsx, csv, tif, txt, zip, rar, docx, pdf & xlsm. The maximum file size is 5 MB. 

TaxBandits Template

  • Click Download Bulk Upload Template to download the TaxBandits template.
  • Enter your form details in the template, and upload it by clicking Select the file to upload.
  • Select Business from dropdown and click Upload File.

After you upload the file, we will process your file and notify you by email that it is ready for your review. Once you approve the file, we will proceed to file W-2c with the state agency.


Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751 support@taxbandits.com