I filed my original W-2s with TaxBandits. Can I file W-2c with the state agency?
335 views | Last modified 1/25/2023 1:56:38 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

Yes, you can file W-2c with the state agency in a few simple steps. However, please be informed that only the IRS-approved and finalized returns can be corrected.

Here’s how to file W-2c with TaxBandits

  1. Sign in to TaxBandits.
  2. From the home page, select Start New >> Form.
  3. Under Wage Tax Forms - Federal & State Filing, select W-2c and choose the Tax Year.
  4. On the 1099/W-2 Corrections page, click Continue under Correct W-2 Employee Details.
  5. Select the required Business, and the details of the employees related to the Business will get listed.
  6. From the list, click on the Make Correction button under the Action column against the employee whose form you want to correct.
  7. Enter correct federal details if you’ve reported wrong information in the original W-2s and click Save & Continue.
  8. Go to the Form W-2c State Information page and enter the correct state details. You can make corrections for up to two states.
  9. Select employees, choose services for this order and Pay and Transmit the returns.

After transmitting the return, you can check the status of your return from your account's dashboard at any time.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751 support@taxbandits.com