How do I file 1099-NEC corrections in TaxBandits?
768 views |
Last modified 2/28/2022 2:31:07 AM EST
If you have reported incorrect information in the original 1099-NEC, you can file 1099c forms to correct them.
You can correct the following:
- Payer TIN & Name. You need to send a letter to the IRS with the necessary information along with your signature. We will guide you through the steps.
- Recipient details and amounts reported earlier. Here, you need to provide the originally reported information along with the correct information.
Here’s how you file a 1099-NEC correction:
- Sign in to TaxBandits, click Start New Form >> Form 1099c.
- Select the Tax year.
- Choose 1099 correction type - recipient and payer detail are available.
Correct 1099 Recipient Details
- Select the business and form type as 1099-NEC to file a correction form.
- Choose the recipient name to correct and click Make Correction.
- Enter the correct information in the appropriate boxes and click Save & Continue to proceed with the flow and transmit the return.
Correct 1099 Payer Details
- Select the business to autofill the payer details from the address book or enter the payer details reported on the original form.
- Select the checkboxes based on what you would like to correct and enter the correct details and click Generate to download a copy of the correction letter.
- Print, sign, and mail the correction letter to the IRS at the below address:
Internal Revenue Service
Information Returns Branch
230 Murall Drive, Mail Stop 4360
Kearneysville, WV 25430
Once you transmit the forms to the IRS, a copy of the corrected 1099-NECs will be available in the Distribution Center for download.