How do I void a W2 that was filed?
879 views | Last modified 11/17/2023 8:08:24 AM EST | Added by TaxBandits Team

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

In TaxBandits, if you find that you have filled out a W2 form that wasn’t needed, you can void it.

Note: You can only void or correct a form after the SSA accepts it.

Follow these steps to void a W-2 form:

Step 1:

Sign in to TaxBandits. From the Dashboard, Click Start New >>Form and select ‘Form W-2c

Correct W-2 form

Step 2:

Choose tax year. Then, click ‘Continue’ under the ‘Correct W-2 Employee Details’ section.

W-2 correction

Step 3:

Select ‘Business,’ and you can see the list of W-2 forms you filed for the corresponding tax year. Click the ‘VOID Form’ button against the recipient whose W-2 form you need to void.

Void W-2 Form

Step 4:

The ‘VOID’ checkbox will be selected by default. Click ‘Save & Continue’ to void all the values. 

Void W-2 Form

You can then complete the payment and transmit the voided form to the IRS.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751