How to choose the kind of employer for Form W-2?
1.0k views |
Last modified 3/31/2023 6:52:34 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
To file your employees’ Form W2 returns, the SSA needs to know what kind of employer you are. Please select the option below that describes what kind of employer you are and indicate this under the W-2 E-file Specific Fields when adding your business.
Please choose the employer type that best applies to you.
- State and Local Governmental Employer - Choose this if you are a state or local government or instrumentality.
- Tax-Exempt Employer - Choose this if you are a non-governmental tax-exempt section 501(c) organization.
- State and Local Tax-Exempt Employer - Choose this if you are a state or local government or instrumentality, and also the IRS has indicated you as a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3).
- Federal Government - Choose this if you are a federal government entity or instrumentality.
- None Apply - Select this option if none of the above options apply to you.
Refer to Know your Payer Type in Form W-2 to choose the payer type that applies to you.