Choosing the kind of payer for Form W-2
2.8k views |
Last modified 11/18/2022 3:01:42 AM EST
When filing your employees’ W-2 returns, the SSA needs to know what kind of payer you are. We at TaxBandits have provided you with an option to choose what kind of payer you are under the W-2 E-file Specific Fields while adding your business.
Please select the description below that best describes what kind of payer you are.
- Regular (Form 941) - Choose this if you file Form 941, Employer's QUARTERLY Federal Tax Return, or Form 941-SS.
- Regular (Form 944) - Choose this if you file 944, Employer's ANNUAL Federal Tax Return (or Form 944(SP), its Spanish-language version).
- Agricultural (Form 943) - Choose this if you file Form 943, Employer's Annual Tax Return for Agricultural Employees, and you file Form W-2 for agricultural employees.
- Household employee - Choose this if you are a household employer, you file Form W2 online for household employees, and you do not include the household employees' taxes on Form 941, 941-SS, 943, or 944.
- Military - Choose this if you are a military employer and file Form W2 for members of the uniformed services.
- Medicare Government Employer - Choose this if you are the U.S., state, or local agency and you file Form W-2 for employees subject only to Medicare tax.
- Railroad (Form CT-1) - Choose this if you are a railroad employer and file Form W2 for employees covered under the Railroad Retirement Tax Act (RRTA).
Refer to Know your Employer Type in Form W-2 to choose the employer type that applies to you.