How do I file 1099 Corrections in TaxBandits?
654 views |
Last modified 11/8/2023 2:31:01 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
If you have reported incorrect information in the original 1099/1098, you can file 1099 Correction forms to correct them. We support corrections only if you have filed the original 1099/1098 with TaxBandits. Please note that you can only correct the 1099/1098 form AFTER the IRS accepts it.
You can correct the following:
- Payer TIN & Name - You need to send a letter to the IRS with the necessary information along with your signature. We will guide you through the steps.
- Recipient Details and Amounts Reported earlier - You need to provide the originally reported information along with the correct information.
Follow these steps to file a 1099/1098 correction:
- Sign in to TaxBandits account
- Click Start New >> Form >> Form 1099/1098-Correction.
- Select File Form 1099/1098 for the required Tax year.
To Correct 1099/1098 Recipient Details, follow the steps below:
- Click Continue under Correct 1099/1098 Recipient Details.
- Select the business name and form type (1099 forms) to file a correction form.
- Choose the recipient name to correct and click Make Correction.
- Enter the correct information in the appropriate boxes and click Save & Continue to proceed with the flow and transmit the return.
To Correct 1099/5498/1098 Payer Details, follow the steps below
- Click Continue under Correct 1099/5498/1098 Payer Details.
- Select the business to autofill the payer details from the address book or enter the payer details reported on the original form.
- Select the checkboxes based on what you would like to correct, enter the correct details, and click Generate to download a copy of the correction letter.
- Print, sign, and mail the correction letter to the IRS at the below address:
Internal Revenue Service
Information Return Branch
230 Murall Drive, Mail Stop 4360
Kearneysvile, WV 25430.
Once you transmit the forms to the IRS, a copy of the corrected 1099/1098 will be available in the Distribution Center for download.