How do I file 1099 Corrections in TaxBandits?
390 views | Last modified 4/18/2023 6:34:42 AM EST | Added by TaxBandits Team

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

If you have reported incorrect information in the original 1099/1098, you can file 1099 Correction forms to correct them. We support corrections only if you have filed the original 1099/1098 with TaxBandits. Please note that you can only correct the 1099/1098 form AFTER the IRS accepts it.

You can correct the following:

  • Payer TIN & Name - You need to send a letter to the IRS with the necessary information along with your signature. We will guide you through the steps.
  • Recipient Details and Amounts Reported earlier - You need to provide the originally reported information along with the correct information. 

Follow these steps to file a 1099/1098 correction:

  • Sign in to TaxBandits, click Start New >> Form >> Form 1099/1098-Correction.
  • Select File Form 1099/1098 for the required Tax year.
  • Choose 1099 Correction type.

Correct 1099/1098 Recipient Details:

For Recipient Name, TIN, and Amount corrections, enter the correct details in the appropriate boxes. If you choose to VOID the form, all amounts will be marked as ZERO and sent to the IRS.

  • Select the business name and form type (1099 forms) to file a correction form.
  • Choose the recipient name to correct and click Make Correction.

  • Enter the correct information in the appropriate boxes and click Save & Continue to proceed with the flow and transmit the return. 

Correct 1099/5498/1098 Payer Details:

  • Select the business to autofill the payer details from the address book or enter the payer details reported on the original form.
  • Select the checkboxes based on what you would like to correct, enter the correct details, and click Generate to download a copy of the correction letter.

  • Print, sign, and mail the correction letter to the IRS at the below address:

 Internal Revenue Service

 Information Returns Branch

 230 Murall Drive, Mail Stop 4360

 Kearneysville, WV 25430

Once you transmit the forms to the IRS, a copy of the corrected 1099/1098 will be available in the Distribution Center for download.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751