How do I void a 1099 that was filed?
4.1k views |
Last modified 5/28/2020 2:52:58 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
If you have filed 1099 that shouldn't have been filed, then void that return using the 1099 correction form. You can void a return that was filed with us or with other service providers.
Here's how you void a 1099 return. The procedure is the same for 1099-MISC, 1099-DIV, and 1099-INT.
- Sign in to TaxBandits, click on 1099 Correction form under Start New Form.
- Select the Tax year and proceed.
Filed with Other Providers
You need to provide the payer, recipient details, and account number of the original return.
Choose the Form
- Choose “I filed my return with other service providers”.
- Select the type of form.
- Click Next under “I should not have filed my return”.
- Enter the Payer details or pull up from the address book and Click Next.
- Enter the Recipient details or pull up from the address book and Click Next.
Provide Account Number
- Enter the account number if provided on the original return. If not, check the checkbox next to it and click Next.
Continue with the flow to review and transmit the return. Once your form is successfully transmitted, a copy of the 1099 corrections can be accessed from the Print Center.
Filed with TaxBandits
If you filed 1099 with us, all you need is to enter zeros in all amount boxes to void the return.
- Choose “I already filed my return with TaxBandits”.
- Select the Payer.
- Choose the recipient for whom you like to make corrections and click Select & Continue.
- View the Payer, Recipient details, and click Next.
- Click on Yes to zero off the amounts.
- The originally reported amounts are shown on the left. Enter zeros in all of the amount boxes. Click Next.
- Click Yes to confirm and void the return.
Continue with the flow to review and transmit the return.
Once your form is successfully transmitted, a copy of the 1099 correction can be accessed from the Print Center. For step by step instruction on how to download a copy of the correction form, click here.