How do I void a 1099 that was filed?
4.6k views |
Last modified 1/25/2023 3:36:21 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4
If you find that you filed a 1099 form that wasn’t needed, you should void it. You are able to void the 1099s that you filed through TaxBandits. Please note that you can only void the 1099 forms AFTER the IRS accepts it.
The procedure is the same for 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-DIV, and 1099-INT.
Here's how you void a 1099 return:
- Sign in to TaxBandits, click Start New >> Form >> Form 1099/1098-Correction.
- Select the Tax year.
- Under Correct 1099/1098 Recipient Details, click Continue.
- Select the Form Type and Business Name to file a correction form.
- Choose the Recipient Name to void, click Void Return and continue with the flow.
- Else, another possible method is to click the Make Correction option against the recipient you want to void.
- On the Federal Correction page, select the VOID checkbox and confirm it. All the amount fields will be marked as zero.
- Continue the flow and void the 1099 form.