How do I void a 1099 that was filed?
4.0k views | Last modified 3/1/2022 5:27:17 AM EST | Added by TaxBandits Team

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

If you have filed 1099 that shouldn't have been filed, then void that return using the 1099 correction form. 

Here's how you void a 1099 return. The procedure is the same for 1099-MISC, 1099-DIV, and 1099-INT.

  • Sign in to TaxBandits, click Start New Form >> Form 1099c.
  • Select the Tax year.
  • Under Correct 1099 Recipient Details, click Continue
  • Select the business and form type to file a correction form.
  • Choose the recipient name to void, click Void Form and continue with the flow.


  • Click the Make Correction option against the recipient you want to void.
  • On the Federal Correction page, select the VOID checkbox and confirm it. All the amount fields will be marked as zero.

  • Continue with the flow to transmit the return to the IRS.

Print Copy
Once your form is successfully transmitted, a copy of the 1099 correction can be accessed from the Distribution Center. For step-by-step instructions on how to download a copy of the correction form, click here.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751