How do I void a 1099 that was filed?
3.6k views |
Last modified 3/1/2022 5:27:17 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
If you have filed 1099 that shouldn't have been filed, then void that return using the 1099 correction form.
Here's how you void a 1099 return. The procedure is the same for 1099-MISC, 1099-DIV, and 1099-INT.
- Sign in to TaxBandits, click Start New Form >> Form 1099c.
- Select the Tax year.
- Under Correct 1099 Recipient Details, click Continue.
- Select the business and form type to file a correction form.
- Choose the recipient name to void, click Void Form and continue with the flow.
- Click the Make Correction option against the recipient you want to void.
- On the Federal Correction page, select the VOID checkbox and confirm it. All the amount fields will be marked as zero.
- Continue with the flow to transmit the return to the IRS.
Once your form is successfully transmitted, a copy of the 1099 correction can be accessed from the Distribution Center. For step-by-step instructions on how to download a copy of the correction form, click here.