How do I correct Payer Name and/or TIN in 1099s?
7.3k views | Last modified 10/12/2023 4:03:10 AM EST | Added by TaxBandits Team

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

To correct the payer name and/or TIN, you will need to send a letter to the IRS. TaxBandits allows you to prepare the letter. Send the letter to the IRS by postal mail after you prepare the letter at TaxBandits. You would need the payer details that you originally filed to complete this process.

Here's how you correct Payer Name and/or TIN:

  • Sign in to TaxBandits, click Start New >> Form >> Form 1099/1098-Correction.
  • Select File Form 1099/1098 for the required Tax year.
  • Click Continue under Correct 1099/5498/1098 Payer Details.

  • Select the business and correct the Payer Name and/or TIN by selecting the required check box. Provide the corrected information.

  • Click the Generate button to download the letter, sign it, and mail it to the address below.

Internal Revenue Service 
230 Murall Drive, Mail Stop 4360 
Kearneysville, WV 25430

After you postal mail the letter, you can contact the IRS at 1866-455-7438 to know the status of your correction letter.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751