How do I correct Payer Name and/or TIN in 1099s?
4.0k views |
Last modified 5/28/2020 2:35:25 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
IRS does not require a correction form to correct the payer name and TIN. It also doesn’t allow you to make changes in the payer name or TIN directly online. TaxBandits allows you to fill the information and generate the form. You then have to sign and mail to the IRS. You would need the payer details that you originally filed.
Here is how you correct the payer name and/or TIN with TaxBandits
- Sign in to TaxBandits, click on 1099 Correction form under Start New Form.
- Select the Tax year and proceed.
Choose the FORM
- Choose "I filed my return with other service providers".
- Select the type of form.
- Click Next under Payers details correction.
- Enter the originally reported payer name and TIN, form details, and address in Step 1.
- Check the Incorrect box next corresponding to the field you want to correct in Step 2. Check both the box if you are correcting both the payer name and TIN.
- Click “Download the Correction Letter” in Step 3.
- Mail the signed copy to the IRS correspondence to the address below,
Internal Revenue Service
230 Murall Drive, Mail Stop 4360
Kearneysville, WV 25430