How do I correct Payer Name and/or TIN in 1099s?
5.2k views |
Last modified 3/24/2022 8:13:34 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
Whether you filed the original 1099s with TaxBandits, you can correct the recipient name and/or TIN in TaxBandits. If you had filed 1099s elsewhere, you will need the originally reported details for the correction.
Here's how you correct the recipient TIN and/or name reported in 1099. The procedure is the same for 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC, 1099-DIV, and 1099-INT.
- Sign in to TaxBandits.
- Click the Start New >> Form >> 1099 Corrections.
Filed with TaxBandits:
- Click Continue under Correct Employee/Recipient Details only when filed with TaxBandits.
- Select the Tax year and Business, then click on Correct Payer Information.
- Select the respective checkbox whether the Recipient Name is incorrect or TIN is incorrect. Provide the corrected information.
- Continue with the flow to review and transmit your return.