How do I correct Payer Name and/or TIN in 1099s?
4.4k views |
Last modified 3/1/2021 12:50:27 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
For correcting the payer name and/or TIN, you will need to send a letter to the IRS. TaxBandits allows you to prepare the letter. Send the letter to the IRS by postal mail after you prepare the letter at TaxBandits. You would need the payer details that you originally filed to complete this process.
Here is how you correct the payer name and/or TIN with TaxBandits
- Sign in to TaxBandits, click on the Start New Form >> 1099 Corrections.
- Select the Tax year and choose the form type.
- Click Continue under Correct Payer Details.
- Enter the originally reported details.
- Select the checkboxes based on the details you would like to correct and enter the correct details.
6. Click the Download button to download the letter, sign it, and mail it to the address below.
Internal Revenue Service
230 Murall Drive, Mail Stop 4360
Kearneysville, WV 25430
After you postal mail the letter, you can contact the IRS at 1866-455-7438 to know the status of your correction letter.