How to correct the federal and state amounts in 1099 forms?
views | Last modified 1/24/2023 4:58:44 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

With TaxBandits, you are able to correct federal and state amounts on the 1099 forms that you filed with TaxBandits. Simply provide the updated information. The procedure is the same for 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, and other 1099s.

Please note that you should only file a 1099 correction AFTER the IRS has accepted the original 1099. Since the original 1099 was filed through TaxBandits, all the original information is available, you will need to provide the updated information.

Here’s how you correct a Federal & State amount:

  • Sign in to TaxBandits, click Start New >> Form >> Form 1099/1098-Correction.
  • Select File Form 1099/1098 for the required Tax year.
  • Click Continue under Correct 1099/1098 Recipient Details.

  • Select the payer. Choose the recipient for whom you want to file corrections and click Make Correction.

  • Enter the correct federal and state amounts in the respective fields.
  • If the original form has an account number, enter that Account Number.
  • Continue with the flow to review and transmit the return.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751