How do I correct the federal or state amounts in 1099s?
Last modified 1/31/2023 1:27:41 AM EST
With TaxBandits, you are able to correct federal amounts in the 1099 forms that you filed with TaxBandits. You cannot file corrections for the state information.
Please note that you should only file a 1099 correction AFTER the IRS has accepted the original 1099. Since the original 1099 was filed through TaxBandits, all the original information is available, you will need to provide the updated information.
The procedure is the same for 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, and other 1099s.
Here's how you correct the amounts reported in 1099.
- Sign in to TaxBandits, click Start New >> Form >> Form 1099/1098-Correction.
- Select File Form 1099/1098 for the required Tax year.
- Click Continue under Correct 1099/1098 Recipient Details.
- Select the payer. Choose the recipient for whom you want to file corrections and click Make Correction.
- Enter the correct federal amounts in the respective fields.
- If the original form has an account number, you must enter it.
- Continue with the flow to review and transmit the return.
Print 1099 Corrected Copies
Once your form is successfully transmitted, a copy of the 1099 correction can be accessed from the Distribution Center.