How to void a 1099-MISC or 1099-INT or 1099-DIV?
423 views | Last modified 5/10/2021 5:42:08 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

If you filed 1099 for a recipient that should not have been filed, you can void it by filing a 1099 Correction. To do that, 

  • Click Start New Form >> 1099 Corrections
  • Select Tax Year and 1099 Type (1099-MISC, 1099-INT, or 1099-DIV).
  • Under I Should Not Have Filed My Return, click Continue

TaxBandits will automatically set the correct amounts to Zeroes. Enter the originally reported Account Number, if any. Choose the originally reported states and continue with the flow. 

Once transmitted, the corrected copies will be available in the Print Center for download.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751