How to correct Federal and State amounts in 1099s?
511 views | Last modified 5/10/2021 5:38:33 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

To correct the Federal and State amounts on a 1099 return accepted by the IRS,

  • Click Start New Form >> 1099 Corrections
  • Select Tax Year and 1099 Type (1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-INT, or 1099-DIV).
  • Under Recipient & Amount Details Corrections, click Continue

If you filed original 1099s with TaxBandits, we will default the previously reported values. You only need to enter the correct amounts. If you had filed elsewhere, you need to enter both the originally reported and the correct amounts. 

Once transmitted, the corrected copies will be available in the Print Center for download.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751