I filed my original W-2s with TaxBandits. How do I void my W-2s with the state agency?
89 views |
Last modified 5/3/2021 6:58:07 AM EST
If you’ve filed W-2s with the state agency that should not have been filed, you can void these W-2s through TaxBandits.
Note: Only returns that have been finalized and approved by the SSA can be corrected.
Follow the steps below to void the originally W-2s.
- Sign in to TaxBandits.
- Go to Start New Form >> Form W-2c.
- Choose the Tax Year.
- Under I filed my W-2s using TaxBandits, click Continue.
- Choose Employer from dropdown.
- Select Employee and click Make Correction under Action column.
- On the Form W-2c State Information page, check the VOID box.
- Continue with the subsequent steps to complete the filing.
After you void the returns, all the amount fields will be marked as zero and the state will disregard the original return.