I filed my original W-2s with TaxBandits. How do I void my W-2s with the state agency?
340 views | Last modified 1/25/2023 1:51:56 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

If you’ve filed W-2s with the state agency that should not have been filed, you can void these W-2s through TaxBandits

Note: Only returns finalized and approved by the SSA can be corrected. 

Here’s how to void your originally filled W-2s with TaxBandits

  1. Sign in to TaxBandits.
  2. From the home page, select Start New >> Form.
  3. Under Wage Tax Forms - Federal & State Filing, select W-2c and choose the Tax Year.
  4. On the 1099/W-2 Corrections page, click Continue under Correct W-2 Employee Details.
  5. Select the required business, and the details of the employees related to the business will get listed.
  6. From the list, click on the VOID Form button under the Action column against the employee for whom you want to void the W-2.
  7. Check the VOID box on the Form W-2c page and click Save & Continue.
  8. Continue with the subsequent steps to complete the filing.

After you void the returns, all the amount fields will be marked as zero, and the state will disregard the original return.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751 support@taxbandits.com