How do I make corrections to my W-2?
1.1k views | Last modified 4/12/2023 8:00:57 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

TaxBandits supports W2 corrections for forms that are originally filed with us. Once SSA accepts your form, you can correct the below information in Form W-2c. 

  • Employee Name & SSN 
  • Federal Amount 
  • Void W-2

Correct Employee Name & SSN

For correcting the W-2s filed with TaxBandits, you just need to enter the correct details as we will auto-populate the previously reported details.

For detailed instructions on how to correct employee name & SSN, click here.

Correct Federal and State Amounts

Suppose you have made errors in federal and state amounts in the previously filed W-2s and you need to correct the amount, you need to file form W-2c.  You just need to enter the correct details as we will auto-populate the previously reported details. 

For the detailed steps on how to correct the federal and state amounts, click here.

Void a W-2

You can void the previously filed returns through TaxBandits. When you void the return, we will mark all the amount fields as zero, and the SSA will disregard the previous return.

For detailed steps on how to void the W-2s, click here.

Correct by Bulk Upload 

Once SSA accepts the form, you can correct multiple W-2s using Bulk Corection.

For detailed steps on how to correct W-2s through bulk upload, click here.

Print Corrected W-2s

After you file W-2 corrections in TaxBandits, the corrected forms will be available in the Distribution Center. You can download and print the W-2c copies. Make sure you distribute the corrected copies to the corresponding employees. 


  • To correct the employer's TIN, Address, Employment Code, and Tax Year, you may need to contact the SSA. The Employer Services Liaison Officers (ESLOs) of the SSA can assist with all processes and applications. Visit to know more details.
  • Currently TaxBandits does not support W-2 corrections for state information. You should file the state correction directly to the state agency.       

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751