How to correct the federal and state amounts in 1099-NEC?
563 views | Last modified 2/28/2022 5:08:10 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

TaxBandits allows you to correct the 1099s filed with us. You only need to have the correct federal and state amount to file a correction to 1099-NEC.

Here's how you correct the amounts reported in 1099-NEC:

  • Sign in to TaxBandits, and select Start New Form >> Form 1099c.
  • Select the Tax Year.
  • Choose Correction type to proceed with the filing.

1099s filed with TaxBandits

  • Click Continue under Correct 1099 Recipient Details.
  • Choose the payer and select the recipient for whom you want to correct the amount details.
  • Click the Make Correction option against the recipient you want to correct.
  • On the Federal Correction page, edit the fields you would like to correct.

  • On the State Information page, edit the state information.
  • Continue with the flow and review & transmit your 1099 Correction form.

After transmitting, you can download the 1099-NEC corrected copies from the TaxBandits Distribution Center. To know more about printing forms, click here.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751