How to correct the federal and state amounts in 1099-NEC?
211 views | Last modified 2/5/2021 8:26:28 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

TaxBandits allows you to correct the 1099s filed with both TaxBandits and service providers. You only need to have the correct federal and state amount to file a correction to 1099-NEC.

To start,

  • Sign in to TaxBandits.
  • Go to Home >> Start New Form >> 1099 Corrections
  • Select the Tax Year and select 1099 NEC using the dropdown menu.
  • Click Continue under Recipient & Amount Details Correction.
  • Select how you filed your original 1099-NEC.

Filed with TaxBandits

  • Select the Payer using the dropdown menu.
  • Select the recipient for whom you want to file corrections and click the Select & Continue button corresponding to it.
  • TaxBandits will pull up the details associated with this recipient.
  • Edit the federal and state amount fields you want to correct.

  • Follow the subsequent steps and transmit your return to the IRS.

Filed with other service providers

  • Enter the payer and recipient details you reported in the original 1099-NEC.
  • If the original return has an Account Number, enter that same number here.
  • Enter the correct Federal and State Amounts in the provided fields.

  • Follow the subsequent steps and transmit your return to the IRS.

After transmitting, you can download the 1099-NEC corrected copies from the TaxBandits Print Center. To know more about printing forms, click here.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751