What is the RTAA payment?
434 views |
Last modified 7/22/2020 1:23:57 AM EST
RTAA is a wage subsidy benefit that pays eligible Trade-affected workers with 50% of the difference between their old wages and new wages. There are specific criteria to get this RTAA payment.
RTAA Eligible workers:
- Should be at least 50 years old
- Workers who lost a job at a trade-affected company
- No separate certification of group eligibility is required
- Can take part in TAA-approved training
- Can have another job with fewer wages
- Get a wage supplement from their state
If you have questions about RTAA payments, you can contact the U.S Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration (DOLETA).