What is 'Period of limitations'?
2.4k views | Last modified 5/27/2020 11:15:30 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

For the previously filed Form 941, you can adjust the overreported taxes within 3 years from the date you filed the return or within 2 years from the date you paid your tax, whichever is later. Similarly to correct underreported tax on previously file Form 941, you have to file Form 941- X within 3 years from the date of filing 941. This timeframe is called as 'Period of limitation' by the IRS.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751 support@taxbandits.com