What is the due date to adjust the overreported tax amount with Form 941-X?
4.7k views | Last modified 5/27/2020 11:11:25 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

For adjusting the overreported tax, you must file Form 941-X as soon as you discover the error but more than 90 days before the period of limitations on the credit or refund for Form 941 gets expired. Generally, you can correct the overreported taxes for a previously filed Form 941 within 3 years from the date of filing or 2 years from the date taxes paid as reported in Form 941.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751 support@taxbandits.com