What are the different types of errors that can be corrected using 941-X?
5.0k views | Last modified 5/27/2020 11:08:50 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

The IRS defines two different types of errors, and when you can correct them depends on the type.

Administrative errors are errors of transposition (mixing up numbers) or math errors involving inaccurate reporting of an amount withheld. If you want to correct just an administrative error, you can do it any time, unless it results in underreported tax or overreported tax.

You can only correct federal withholding errors if you discover them in the same calendar year you paid the wages. 

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751 support@taxbandits.com