[E-file Error Code R0000-922-01] How do I resolve it?
2.9k views |
Last modified 5/27/2020 11:33:50 AM EST
IRS [Error Code: R0000-922-01]:
Filer's EIN and Name Control in the Return Header must match data in the e-File database, unless "Name Change" or "Name or Address Change" checkbox is checked, if applicable.
The business name, EIN and the name control on the extension filed didn't match with the IRS's name control.
What does it mean:
The name control associated with your business and the EIN doesn't match with the ones on the IRS record. Name control is a four-character identifier derived from the business's name. It is assigned by the IRS when the business requests for an Employer Identification Number. So, in this case, you would have entered an incorrect Employer Identification Number (EIN) or mistyped the business name resulting in the name control mismatch.
Check if the EIN and the business name entered is correct. If not, correct the same and re-transmit it to the IRS.
Here's how you correct the EIN and Business Name in your return:
- Log in to TaxBandits account and click on the 94x tab on the menu.
- You will see the rejected forms, click "Fix Errors & Resubmit" under Action.
- Click Edit and check the previously submitted business details.
- If the EIN or Business Name is incorrect, enter the correct details.
- Review the form and re-transmit it to the IRS.
If your previously submitted information is correct, you can contact the IRS at (800) 829-4933 and verify your EIN, Business Name, and Name Control.