[E-file Error Code R0000-157] How do I resolve it?
2.9k views |
Last modified 5/27/2020 11:33:19 AM EST
IRS [Error Code: R0000-157]:
If 'OnlineFilerPIN' is present in the Return Header, it must match the e-File Database for the EIN it is filed for.
Online Signature PIN used for signing the return must match the records in the e-file database against the EIN filed for.
What does it mean:
The IRS has rejected your return as the online Signature PIN you used to electronically sign your Form 941 mismatches with the IRS database against the EIN for which you filed.
Check the PIN you submitted. If the PIN is incorrect, correct the PIN from TaxBandits and re-transmit it to the IRS. If the PIN is correct, contact the IRS regarding the same. In case, if your online signature PIN is inactive, you can submit Form 8453-EMP as an alternative.
Here is how you correct your PIN in TaxBandits
- Log in to TaxBandits account and click on the 94x tab on the menu.
- You will see the rejected forms, click "Fix Errors & Resubmit" under Action.
- Click Edit, complete form audit to land in the "Signature" page.
- Check the previously submitted PIN details and enter the correct one.
If you don't want to use PIN, you can use Form 8453 to sign the return.
- Choose "Use Form 8453-EMP" if Online Signature PIN doesn't work for you.
- Download the Form 8453-EMP, print, manually sign and upload the form in PDF format.
- Review the completed form again and re-transmit your 94x form.