Do I need to file Form 1096?
2.2k views |
Last modified 12/31/2021 3:18:50 AM EST
Form 1096 is a summary and transmittal form that is only required when mailing paper 1099 copies to the IRS. When you e-file with TaxBandits, you don't have to worry about filing Form 1096. However, we automatically generate a Form 1096 for your records, it will be available in the Distribution Center.
Follow these instructions to access Form 1096 in your account:
- Sign in to your TaxBandits account.
- In the top right corner of the home page, select Distribution Center >> Print Forms.
- You will be directed to the Print Center page. Now, click Print 1099/W-2/1098/5498 Forms.
- Select the Tax Year and Payer/Employer from Employer/Payer Copies for whom you want to access a copy of Form 1096.
- Click Download >> Download Form 1096
The form will be downloaded to your computer for your records. You do not have to file Form 1096 when you efile your 1099s with Taxbandits. The document is always available in the Distribution Center.