Who should be given a 1099-MISC?
5.0k views | Last modified 12/28/2021 1:53:09 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

Non-employees who work for your business and services that were paid $600 or more must be given a 1099-MISC

Here is the list of items for which you need to file and distribute a 1099-MISC:

  • Payments of royalties of $10 or more during the year
  • At least $600 in Rents 
  • Services performed by a non-employee (including parts and materials) 
  • Prizes and awards for non-employees
  • Other income payments
  • Medical and health care payments
  • Proceeds from crop insurance
  • Cash payments made for purchasing fish (or other aquatic life) from anyone engaged in the trade of catching fish
  • Cash paid from a notional principal contract to an individual, partnership, or estate 
  • Payments of $600 or more paid to an attorney 
  • Any fishing boat proceeds

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751 support@taxbandits.com