What is the deadline to provide Form W-2 if employment ended prior to the year’s end?
3.5k views | Last modified 5/25/2020 8:17:35 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

As an employer, you are supposed to provide Form W-2 copy to the employee any time after the employment ends, but no later than January 31 of the year that precedes the tax year associated. 

If an employee initiates a request on his/her own for Form W-2 copy, you must provide them with the completed copies within 30 days of the request or within 30 days of the final wage payment, whichever is later. 

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751 support@taxbandits.com