Where do I report non-employee compensation in 1099-MISC?
2.3k views | Last modified 3/28/2023 5:49:57 AM EST

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

As per the IRS updates, payers are no longer allowed to report nonemployee compensation in 1099-MISC from the tax year 2020. So, you must use Form 1099-NEC to report nonemployee compensation.

If you want to report nonemployee compensation for 2019 or prior years, you must use Form 1099-MISC.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751 support@taxbandits.com