How long does it take to get the TIN matching status?
24.3k views |
Last modified 1/23/2024 3:47:59 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
Typically, it takes around 48 hours to receive the recipient’s TIN matching status after activation. However, depending on the volume of the recipients, it is possible for the process to take longer than expected.
You can track the TIN matching status in any of the following ways:
1. From the TIN Matching dashboard
2. From Address Book
From the TIN Matching dashboard
To track businesses and their associated recipient's TIN Matching status from the dashboard, please follow the steps given below:
- From the home dashboard, click TIN Matching. You can view the businesses that are in your account.
- To view the TIN status of the businesses that opted for TIN matching, click "Businesses With TIN Matching"
You can view the TIN matching statuses such as "In-progress, failed, and success" for the eligible recipients of the businesses.
From the Address Book
To track businesses and their associated recipient's TIN Matching status from the Address Book, please follow the steps given below:
- Click the Grid menu and select Address Book from the dashboard. The number of businesses in your account will be displayed.
- Click the view link under the no.of employees/recipients next to the business that has activated the TIN matching service.
You can then view the TIN matching status for the eligible recipients of the businesses. If the TIN matching fails, you can request a correction for a recipient.
To learn more about the step-by-step instructions on how to submit a correction for a recipient, click here.
Please note that for the current tax year, TIN Matching applies exclusively to 1099 recipients; ACA/W-2 employees are not included.