How to void a 1099-MISC that was filed?
82 views | Last modified 10/17/2023 5:48:00 AM EST | Added by TaxBandits Team

If you filed 1099 for a recipient that should not have been filed, you can void it by filing a 1099 Correction. To do that, 

  • Click Start New Form >> 1099 Corrections. 
  • Select Tax Year and 1099 Type (1099-MISC).
  • Under Recipient & Amount Details Corrections, click Continue.
  • Enter the payer and recipient information manually or pull them up from the Address Book.
  • Select the VOID checkbox and continue with the flow.
  • All the amount fields will automatically be marked as zero, and the IRS will disregard the previously filed 1099-MISC. 

Once transmitted, the corrected copies will be available in the Print Center for download.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751