How to void a 1099-MISC that was filed?
82 views |
Last modified 10/17/2023 5:48:00 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
If you filed 1099 for a recipient that should not have been filed, you can void it by filing a 1099 Correction. To do that,
- Click Start New Form >> 1099 Corrections.
- Select Tax Year and 1099 Type (1099-MISC).
- Under Recipient & Amount Details Corrections, click Continue.
- Enter the payer and recipient information manually or pull them up from the Address Book.
- Select the VOID checkbox and continue with the flow.
- All the amount fields will automatically be marked as zero, and the IRS will disregard the previously filed 1099-MISC.
Once transmitted, the corrected copies will be available in the Print Center for download.