When can I request advance payment through Form 7200?
179 views | Last modified 9/27/2023 6:07:26 AM EST | Added by TaxBandits Team

If the total credit amount exceeds the employment tax liability, employers will be allowed the full amount of this refundable credit. Also, if the quarterly employment tax deposits are less than the amount of credit for which the employer is eligible, then the remaining credit can be received in advance, using Form 7200.

For instance, say, an employer is entitled to an employee retention credit of $5,000 and was required to deposit $3,500 in employment taxes for the quarter.  The employer could retain the entire $3,500 of taxes as a portion of the refundable tax credit it is entitled to and file a request for an advance payment for the remaining $1,500 ($5,000 minus $3,500) using Form 7200.

Such eligible employers are entitled to claim these refundable tax credits who have fewer than 500 employees and should provide qualified sick leave wages, and qualified family leaves wages under FFCRA.

To claim the advance payments on credits due to COVID-19, file the IRS Form 7200.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751 support@taxbandits.com