How to file an extension for Form 1095-B/C?
328 views | Last modified 6/8/2023 5:36:19 AM EST | Added by TaxBandits Team

To request an extension of time to file Form 1095-B or Form 1095-C, you must complete Extension Form 8809.

Follow the steps below to file Extension Form 8809 using TaxBandits:

  • Sign in to your TaxBandits account.
  • From the home dashboard, click Start New >> Form 
  • Under the Extension Form category, click 8809.

  • To file an extension for Form 1095-B/C, click Select and continue under Extension of Time to file information returns (excluding Form 1099-NEC/W-2).

  • If you are filing an extension for the existing business, click Select Business to autofill their details in the 8809 form. If it is a new business, enter the business information manually and click Save & Continue.

  • Select the 1094-C, 1095–C and 1095-B forms checkboxes. Once the forms are selected, the extension due date will be displayed. Provide the contact name, phone number, email address, and title, and click Continue

  • You can also view and download the 8809 form before e-filing. Once previewed, click the Complete Your Order button and provide your credit card details to proceed to e-file Form 8809 to the IRS.

Once Form 8809 has been successfully processed & sent to the IRS, we will send you an email notifying the status of your form to your registered email address. Alternatively, you can check the status of your forms from the 1099/W-2 Dashboard>> Form 8809.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751