How to import 1099-MISC/1099-NEC recipient information from QuickBooks?
259 views |
Last modified 4/4/2023 9:34:26 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
TaxBandits allows you to import the vendor details and payment history from your QuickBooks account to file Form 1099. Follow the steps to import payment details from QuickBooks to file Form 1099-NEC and Form 1099-MISC.
Before beginning the import process, ensure you have set the following preferences in your QuickBooks account.
- Make sure that business expenses are marked as a ‘Bill’ in your QuickBooks account.
- Also, make sure that you have checked the ‘Track Payments for 1099’ box when adding vendor payments. This allows TaxBandits to import the data successfully.
Here's how to import Form 1099 recipient information from QuickBooks
- Log in to your TaxBandits account.
- From Dashboard, click Start New >> Form.
- Select the form you want to file under 1099 series.
- Select the Tax Year and continue.
Connect your QuickBooks account and import Vendor details
- Click Start Now under QuickBooks Online. Click Connect to navigate to the QuickBooks sign-in page.
- Enter your QuickBooks login credentials, choose the company/payer from the dropdown menu and click 'Next'.
- Once successfully connected, the payer and vendor payment information will be imported into TaxBandits.
- Verify the payer details and edit if needed. Click Save & Continue.
Categorize Payments to Vendor
- Check the applicable boxes for the QuickBooks categories that apply to the vendor payments. This helps map the payments in the forms you create.
QuickBooks Data Import
- Review the recipient payment information that is generated and edit the details as needed.
- View the records imported from your QuickBooks account. To proceed with the 'Ready To File' records, click 'Review Successful Records'.
Review and Select Services
- Review the forms before transmitting them to the IRS and select any add-on services you require, then click Continue.
Pay and Transmit
- Finally, view your Cart Summary, provide your card details and Pay and Transmit the form to the IRS.
If there are any errored records during the import process, they will be listed under the Errors section. You can either fix the errored records or delete those records and continue with the transmission process.
After transmitting the forms, you will receive an order confirmation email with your Order Details. You can also view the status of your forms from the Dashboard of your TaxBandits account.
TaxBandits also supports importing your vendor details from Xero to file Forms 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC. For the step-by-step instructions, click here.