Can I file Form W2 for an employee using a TIN instead of an SSN?
386 views | Last modified 10/25/2023 7:23:59 AM EST | Added by TaxBandits Team

Applicable To
94X 1099 W-2 ACA W-4

No, you cannot file Form W-2 for an employee using a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) instead of a Social Security Number (SSN). You must obtain the employee's correct SSN and use it when reporting their wages and taxes to the IRS. S

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE TaxBandits Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 684-4751