How to enable Online Access that allows employees and recipients to view and download their forms?
267 views |
Last modified 3/27/2023 8:29:29 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
TaxBandits’ Online Access is a feature that allows your employees and recipients to access their forms online using the secure portal. To provide them access, you will need to enable online access.
Before the recipient can access their forms online, they must give their consent. When you enable Online Access, they will be sent an email prompting them to do so. Once consent is given, they will have access to their forms.
You can enable Online access while preparing the tax forms or even after transmitting to the tax forms to IRS/SSA.
Follow the below steps to enable Online Access while preparing the tax forms:
There are two ways to enable online access while preparing tax forms:
- In the 1099/W-2 tax form, Provide all the necessary form details and enable the option "Select if you want to allow this recipient to access form 1099-NEC Online" to grant Online Access and provide the Email ID. Click the Save & Continue button.
- On the Review and Select Services page, check the Grant Access box under the Online Access column and provide the recipient/employee email address.
Continue the flow and transmit the 1099/W-2 form with the IRS/SSA.
Follow the below steps to enable Online Access after transmitting tax forms to IRS/SSA:
- Sign in to your TaxBandits account.
- From the dashboard, click Distribution Center.
- Click 1099/W-2/1098/5498 Forms under Online Access.
- Click Manage against the business for which you need to enable online access.
- All the recipients under the business will be displayed. If you have already provided the email address, directly click on the Share Forms. If you need to provide the email address for any recipient, click the + icon under the Email Address field and click Share Forms.
- Select the recipient's name and click Enable Online Access.
- Click Complete Your Order for payment, and online access will be enabled for the recipient.
- Please note that when you enable Online Access for a recipient, all forms filed for them will be available online, including the previously filed ones.