How do I file 1099-NEC with the State using TaxBandits?
193 views |
Last modified 3/22/2021 12:54:49 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
It is easy to complete the state filing of 1099-NEC through TaxBandits. Totally 39 states require the filing of Form 1099-NEC for 2020. We support the filing of 1099-NEC with all states except Alabama, Georgia, Maine, Rhode Island, Utah, and Virginia.
Follow the steps below to file 1099-NEC separately with the state
- Sign in to TaxBandits.
- Click Start New Form.
- Click 1099-NEC (State Only) and choose the tax year. (Only the 2020 tax year is available because 1099-NEC is a new form introduced in 2020).
- Click Continue Filing for Tax Year 2020.
- Enter payer, recipient, and amount details in the applicable boxes.
- Select the state to which you want to file 1099-NEC and enter the amount details.
- Select recipients on the filing summary page.
- Choose services and verify the state information.
- Review and click Pay and Transmit.
Note: You can select up to 2 states in a single 1099-NEC state only form. For more than 2 states, you need to file another 1099-NEC state only form.
After you transmit the forms, the forms will be sent to the state DOR. The status of your form will be sent to your email address accordingly. You can also check the status of your form from the product dashboard.