How to give 1099 Online Access for my recipients?
745 views |
Last modified 1/11/2022 2:11:14 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
TaxBandits Tax Form Access is an exclusive feature that allows employees/recipients to access their forms W-2, 1099, 1095, 1098T, and 5498 online through a secure portal. Employers have to enable this feature to grant access to their employees/recipients.
In this article, we will provide instructions for granting your employees/recipients online Tax Form Access. This feature can be enabled in two different ways:
i) When Form 1099 is being filed
ii) After 1099 is transmitted to the IRS
When Form 1099 is being filed:
- Log in to your TaxBandits account and select the Start New -> Form -> 1099-NEC.
- Choose the appropriate tax year to continue.
When Adding Employee details manually:
When you’re adding recipient details manually, the option to enable online access will be available. Check the option, Select if you want to allow this recipient to access Form 1099-NEC Online. If it is enabled, employees can view and download their tax returns through an online portal.
Click the Save and Continue button.
When bulk uploading recipient information
- Download the Excel/CSV template and fill in the recipient information.
- Select Yes under the Online Access column in the Excel/CSV template for all the recipients you want to enable online access. The employee’s email address is mandatory if you have enabled Online Access.
- Select No under the Online Access column for the recipients you don’t want to enable online access for.
4. Once you complete the template, upload it and continue with the filing process to transmit the returns to the IRS.
After 1099 is transmitted to the IRS:
Even if you haven’t enabled Tax Form Access for a recipient during the filing process, you can easily do so after the form is transmitted, here’s how:
1. Log in to your TaxBandits account.
2. On the home screen, navigate to Distribution Center -> Online Access.
3. Select Manage Online Access for the corresponding business.
4. Click on Enable Recipient Access.
5. Enter the employee's email address and click the Enable Online Access button. (Email address is mandatory to give online access).
6. Complete your payment order by providing payment details.
Once the forms have been transmitted to the IRS successfully, your recipients will receive a secure link to access their forms online. They will be prompted to enter the last four digits of their SSN to access their form(s)
Note: By enabling this option, the recipients will have online access to all the forms that you have e-filed on their behalf.