How to give 1099 Online Access for my recipients?
380 views |
Last modified 9/2/2020 7:26:09 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
TaxBandits Online Access is an exclusive feature that allows recipients to access their forms 1099, W-2, 5498, 1098T, and 1095 online through a secure portal. The payer has to enable this feature to give access to the recipients to access these forms online.
This article discusses how payers can give Online Access to the recipients to access their 1099s securely. The access can be done at 2 stages, namely:
i) When Form 1099 is being filed
ii) After Form 1099 is transmitted to the IRS.
When Form 1099 is being filed
- Log in to your TaxBandits account and select the Form 1099.
- Choose the appropriate tax year to continue.
When Adding Payer
Whether you’re adding payer details manually or by bulk upload, the option to give online access will be available. Check the I want to allow my recipients to access their forms online, including Form 1099 box, and click the Save and Continue button.
When Adding Recipients
Add the recipient details, including name, TIN, and address. Check the I want to allow my recipients to access their forms online, including Form 1099 box, and click the Save and Continue button.
After Form 1099 is transmitted
If you've opted for online access for recipients when adding the Payer, and disabled it for selected recipients when filing, you can enable them again from the dashboard after the form is transmitted. Follow the instructions below to enable:
1. Log in to your TaxBandits account.
2. Select the W-2/1099 tab and choose the payer from the dropdown.
3. Select the Transmitted Forms tab to view the list of recipients.
4. Click under the Online Access column against the recipient for whom you want to give online access.
5. Enter the recipient's email address and click the Allow Access button. (Email address is mandatory to give online access).
Once the returns are processed at the TaxBandits e-file system and transmitted to the IRS, a secure link will be sent to the recipient’s email. The recipients can click that link and enter their TIN to access the forms.
Note: By enabling this option, the recipients will have online access to all their forms that apply to them, including Form 1099.