How to import 1099-MISC/1099-NEC recipient information from QuickBooks?
3.6k views |
Last modified 1/12/2022 8:13:50 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
TaxBandits allows you to import the vendor details and payment history from your QuickBooks account to file Forms 1099-MISC/1099-NEC.
Use your QuickBooks credentials to choose the payer/company and map categories for the payments recorded in QuickBooks into the TaxBandits Form 1099-MISC/1099-NEC fields. By doing so, the payment details will be imported into TaxBandits, and you can proceed with filing the forms.
Before beginning the import process, please ensure you have set the following preferences in your QuickBooks account.
- Make sure to record your business expenses as Bill as we can only pull up the data from your QuickBooks account if it is added as 'Bill.'
- While adding Vendor Information, make sure that you have checked the Track Payments for 1099 checkbox in your QuickBooks account.
Here's how to import 1099-MISC/1099-NEC recipient information from QuickBooks
- Log in to your TaxBandits account, and go to Home >> Form 1099/W-2 tab.
- On the right corner of the page, select Start New >> Form and choose 1099-MISC or 1099-NEC.
- Next, select the Tax Year and continue.
Connect your QuickBooks account and import Vendor details
- Click Start Now under QuickBooks Online. Then, click Connect to navigate to the QuickBooks sign-in page.
- Enter your QuickBooks login credentials and click Sign In.
- Once connected to QuickBooks, search for the payer/company, select the payer, and click Next.
- Click Connect to allow TaxBandits to access the vendor data in QuickBooks. Once successfully connected, the payer and vendor information will be imported into TaxBandits.
- Verify the payer details and edit if needed. Click Save & Continue.
Categorize Payments to Vendor
Check the applicable boxes for the QuickBooks categories that apply to the vendor payments. This will help map the payments in the forms you create.
QuickBooks Data Import
- After selecting, click on Save and Continue. The payments from QuickBooks will be imported into TaxBandits.
- The employee/recipient payment information will be generated based on the mapping done. You can preview the details and click on the Fix Me button on the Action Column to edit if necessary. After making the required changes, click on Save & Continue.
Now, you will be directed to the Import Status page, where you can view the records imported from your QuickBooks account.
If there were any errored records during the import process, they would be listed under the Errors section. You can either fix the errored records or delete those records and continue with the transmission process.
The records listed under the Ready to File sections are error-free and can be filed instantly! To proceed, click on Save & Continue.
Review and Select Services
Now, you will be directed to the Review and Select Services page. Here you can review the forms before transmitting them to the IRS/SSA and opt for the required services. After selecting your required preferences, click Continue.
Pay and Transmit
Finally, view your Cart Summary, provide your card details and Pay and Transmit the return to the IRS/SSA.
You will receive an order confirmation email from your support which contains your Order Details. You can also view the status of your forms from the Dashboard of your TaxBandits account.
TaxBandits also supports importing your vendor details from XERO to file Forms 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC. For the step-by-step instructions, click here.