How to import 1099-MISC recipient information from QuickBooks?
2.6k views |
Last modified 5/28/2020 2:41:17 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
TaxBandits allows you to import the vendor details and their payment history from your QuickBooks account for filing Form 1099-MISC.
Use your QuickBooks credentials to choose the payer/company and map categories for the payments recorded in QuickBooks against the Form 1099-MISC fields in TaxBandits. By doing so, the payment details will be imported into TaxBandits, and you can proceed to file the returns for your vendors.
Log in to TaxBandits and choose Form 1099
- Log in to TaxBandits, and go to Home >> Forms tab.
- Under 1099 Forms - Federal & State Filing, choose Form 1099-MISC.
- Choose Tax Year and click Next.
Connect QuickBooks account and import vendor details
- Click Start Now under QuickBooks online. Click Connect to navigate to the QuickBooks sign-in page.
- Enter your QuickBooks login credentials and click Sign In.
- Once connected to QuickBooks, search for the payer/company to choose the payer and click Next.
- Click Connect to allow TaxBandits to access the vendor data in QuickBooks. On a successful connection, the payer and vendor information will be imported into TaxBandits.
- Verify the payer details and edit if needed. Click Save and Continue.
Categorize Payments to Vendor
- Select or check the applicable Form 1099-MISC boxes against the categories of QuickBooks Account for the payments made to your vendors. This will map the payments in TaxBandits for each vendor.
- After selecting, click on Save and Continue. The payments from QuickBooks will be imported into TaxBandits.
Vendor Details - Select TIN type and enter TIN
- Verify the vendor information imported from your QuickBooks Account.
- Select the Type of TIN and enter the Tax Identification Number (TIN) for each vendor.
- If TIN is not available, select “I don’t know TIN” under the type of TIN and click Save and Continue.
- Review the amounts mapped for each vendor on the next page and continue with the return filing.
Note: If any amount is unmapped, it will be shown under Excluded amounts. Click on the amount to map it.
TaxBandits also supports importing your vendor details from XERO to file Form 1099-MISC. To know the step-by-step instructions, click here.