How do I request a W-9 form from my recipients?
23.4k views |
Last modified 1/22/2024 6:25:47 AM EST |
Added by TaxBandits Team
IRS Form W-9 is used by payers to request the correct Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) from independent contractors/vendors. With this, payers can e-file 1099s with the IRS to report the income paid for the tax year.
Follow the below steps to request a W-9 from your recipient via TaxBandits:
- From the home dashboard, click Start New Form >> W-9.
2. To request Form W-9 information from a specific vendor, click Add Vendor.
- If you're new to TaxBandits or need to request W9 information for a selected payer, click the manage payer dropdown at the top of the screen and choose Add Payer or Select Payer.
3. Choose the method to import the vendor details to request W-9 information.
Here, we have chosen Manual entry as an example,
4. Click Start Now under Manual Data Entry.
5. Manually enter the vendor details such as Name and Email Address. Whereas the account number is optional, you can either enter your own or the system will generate it for you. Once done, click Save & Continue.
6. Review the added/imported vendor information. If you want to edit/delete any of the vendor's information, click the edit/delete icon under Action. Once done, click Continue.
7. Review the order details and click Request W-9/W-8BEN to complete the order. Note: As an offer, you've got 5 free credits added to your account. You can use them to request Form W-9/W-8BEN for free.
8. Enter your card details, provide your confirmation, and click Authorize & Send Request. Upon successful payment, the vendor will receive an email with a secure link to the portal, prompting them to complete the form. You will be notified once the vendor submits the form.